Here’s to another successful year – we could not have done it without you!
Many thanks to the parents and volunteers of Lakeview PS who worked really hard this year! Our students were so fortunate to be able to participate in a number of activities hosted and supported by your school council.
Here are some of the great events sponsored this year by school council:
- Food programs – Pizza and Pita lunch days, Popcorn days, Bridgehead Coffee
- Scientists in schools
- Art performances – Rag and Bones Theatre group, Ottawa Youth Orchestra, Pigmania, Tradansa Dance Workshops
- Family Welcome Night Dance, Movie Nights, Dance Jam Night
- Transportation – provided to many school and sport activities
- Providing a forum and collective voice for parents’ feedback about the Western Area Review
- Fundraisers – many of the activities above are fundraisers in addition to Electronic-Waste Recycling, Veseys Seeds, Mabel’s Labels
- We were also able to provide discretionary funds to teachers for additional classroom and curriculum enhancements
Plans for next year!
We will continue enriching our student’s school experience. We also would like to add new and exciting opportunities for students to learn and grow!
These great activities and events will not happen without your support and involvement!
Please consider the following for next year:
- Joining your school council – come share ideas, help plan future events, keep in touch with what’s going on in the school.
- Our next school council meeting is Tuesday, September 14th at 6:45pm in the school library.
- Volunteering at an event (all our events run based on parent volunteers)
- Joining our mailing list for updates and news
- For more information visit our school council website at lakeviewschoolcouncil.ca
Wishing all Lakeview families a wonderful and relaxing summer. See you in September!
On souhaite à nos familles d’excellentes vacances d’été. À la rentrée des classes en Septembre!
– Lakeview School Council
Please note that June 14, 2017 was the last hot lunch of the 2016-2017 school year. We look forward to offering pitas and pizza for sale again starting in fall 2017. If you have time to help with handing out of pizza, we could certainly use more volunteers next year! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
June 15, 2017 was the last scheduled popcorn day, but hold onto your toonies! We still have some stock and may have a few upcoming opportunities to purchase popcorn on a cash basis.
If any of you coffee fanatics out there would like to stock up on BRIDGEHEAD coffee before the summer break please place your order online by end of day Wednesday June 14. Your order will be sent home late next week via backpack express.
P.S. If anyone is interested in coordinating the BRIDGEHEAD coffee fundraiser next year please send an email to: email@example.com for more information.
Our last Council meeting of the school year is coming up this Tuesday, June 13th, at 6:45 pm. All Lakeview parents/guardians are welcome. Unfortunately, child-minding is not available for this meeting.
We need your help to make Friday’s “School’s (almost) Out Dance Jam” a success! We need help with set-up, ticket sales at the door, handing out snacks, clean-up, and more. Sign-up using our volunteer sheet, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year’s Mayfair was a wonderful day of fun for Lakeview families and the whole community! We had a great turnout (despite the rain!) and raised over $5800 to support Lakeview programs.
Lakeview School Council wants to extend a huge THANK YOU to our local businesses for donating generously to the event and prize raffle, to our volunteers who made the day happen, and to the community for supporting Lakeview!
School’s (almost) Out Dance Jam
Friday, June 2, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Lakeview School gym
Admission: $2 per person
Lakeview School Council will be hosting a dance night on Friday, June 2nd – please see the flyer below for more details. In addition to dancing and food, we will also have card and board games set up in the library for those that would like to chill out and take a break. We hope to see everyone there for an evening of great fun!
A music suggestion box has been set up in the school – please join us in encouraging the children to make suggestions of any music that they might like to hear at the dance. We will also be needing volunteers to help us with this event – please consider volunteering some of your time to help make this event a successful one. Send an email to email@example.com and let us know if you can help out.
Please consider looking around your home for any small items that children may like such as small toys/cars/figurines, kids’ jewelry, Lego/building blocks, craft/art supplies, wrapped treats, etc. Please bring items in plastic bags (no mason jars needed). We will be collecting these items until Friday, May 5th.
This is one of the most popular and greatly anticipated events for the children. We do need a large number of donations for this event to take place and to be successful. This will ensure that we have enough items for all children participating.