Complaints About School Boards: OCASC Welcomes Barbara Finlay, Deputy Ombudsman of Ontario on April 21st
As of Sept. 1, 2015, the Ombudsman’s role expanded to include public complaints about school boards.
This presentation will explain the new role and function, how cases are resolved and investigated, and issues addressed in the school board sector, including:
- Responses to bullying
- Special education supports
- Conditions of school buildings
- Busing and transportation services
- Services for students with disabilities
- Conduct and role of trustees or staff
- School and school board policies and their application (e.g. discipline, suspension, expulsions)
Thursday, April 21, 7:00-8:00pm
(first half of OCASC Assembly Meeting)
Fisher Park/Summit Alternative School
250 Holland Avenue, 2nd Floor Library
Learn more about the Ottawa Carleton Assembly of School Councils (OCASC).