The Lakeview School Council hosted the Scholastic Book Fair last week. Sales were phenomenal, and we raised thousands of dollars that the school can use to buy much-needed English leveled readers for the classrooms.
Thank you to everyone who came out and purchased items. Thank you also to those who volunteered to help with planning, setup and sales. This money wouldn’t have been raised without you!
Remember, tomorrow Lakeview students can purchase items at the book fair! And the fair is open to parents and the community tomorrow evening between 4:00 and 7:30 pm. So after your parent-teacher interview, stop by and check out the great selection of kids books!
See the flyers for just some of the books available at the fair:
All proceeds will go towards purchasing new English Leveled readers for the classrooms. If we reach $1500 or more in sales, Lakeview receives 50% of sales worth of books!
We saw a huge turnout for our Scholastic Book Fair two weeks ago – thank you to everyone who made purchases. We sold so much that Lakeview will be awarded $2600 worth of books by Scholastic!
Thank you to all the great volunteers who helped make this event such a wonderful success. We hope that everyone found a book or two to share with your family. Happy reading!
Don’t forget to bring your kids’ wish lists when you come to school on Thursday for parent-teacher interviews. The Scholastic Book Fair will be open between 4 pm and 7 pm. Your purchases will not only make great gifts, but will also help earn books for Lakeview. Spread the word to your family, friends and neighbours!
Scholastic Book Fair: November 21 to 23 at Lakeview
Help us earn books for the school
If we have at least $1500 in sales, Lakeview can use 50% of the proceeds to buy books for the school! Help us reach our goal by spreading the word to friends, family and neighbours. The book fair is open to the public November 23, 4 to 7 pm.
Book flyer and door prize ballot
A flyer with a sample of the available books went home with students recently. Don’t forget to send in your ballot by Wednesday, Nov. 22, for a chance to win $25 in books for your family and $25 in books for your child’s classroom! Ballots are on the back of the flyer.
Book fair schedule
- Tuesday, Nov. 21: Children can visit the fair to begin looking at the books (no purchases that day).
- Wednesday Nov. 22 & Thursday Nov. 23: Each class will have a turn to visit once again and make purchases.
- Thursday Nov. 23, 4 to 7 pm: The book fair will be open to parents and the public. This will be the last available opportunity to make purchases.
Volunteers for the event
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can volunteer for this event!
Saddle up and Read Book Fair – Adventure Awaits (Brought to you by Scholastics)
Everyone is welcome to come and look at our Scholastic Book fair – just in time to start making those special purchases for upcoming festivities, to add to your collection or simply for the love of reading! Proceeds will go towards benefiting our school.
November 21 – 23 (including Thursday evening from 4-7pm – the same evening as Parent/Teacher interview night)
Week of the event
- Tuesday: Children will be able to visit the fair to begin looking at the books and see if they find anything interesting (no purchases that day)
- Wednesday: Each class will have a turn to visit once again and make purchases
- Thursday: There will be another opportunity during the day for students to make purchases.
- Thursday evening: The book fair will be open during the parent/teacher interviews. This will be the last available opportunity to make purchases.
Volunteers for the event
We need just a couple more volunteers for the 2 shifts on Thursday – Please remember that this event runs only with the help of parent volunteers!
- The daytime shift is between 11:15 and 1:15 (1 volunteer needed)
- The evening shift is between 4pm and 6pm. (1 or 2 volunteer needed)
Please contact email@example.com to find out how you can help!
More information will be coming home shortly with your child.